Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yet Another Nigerian e-mail Scam

So here is another Nigerian e-mail scam. This one is claiming to have 14.7 million of some dead guys money, and they want to call you "next of kin", then split the money. This must be one of those "It's okay to scam people who are willing to scam themselves" type of deal. Claiming you are next of kin when your not, or trying to get a dead guys money when he didn't will it to you is fraud, it is illegal. If an email from someone you don't know is asking you to do something illegal, then it is most likely a scam.

scam e-mail below:

Dear Sir/Madam



I am Richard Eze a solicitor at law. I am the Personal Attorney to Paul

Kim , a National of your Country, who has lived in Nigeria for the past

fifty years, and whom here in after shall be referred to as my client. In

April 2002, my client was involved in a fatal car accident along

Lagos/shagamu express road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately

lost their lives; my client was one of them.



I have contacted you to assist in repatriating most especially, the money

left behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared

unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged.



Particularly, Standard Investment Trust Bank Nigeria Plc,where the

deceased had an account valued at about $14.7 million dollars, his bank

has issued me a notice to provide the Next of kin, or have the account

confiscated.



I seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin of the deceased,so

that the proceeds of this account valued at $14.7 million dollars can be

paid to you as my clients Next of Kin, and then we can share the amount on

a mutual agreed percentage.

No comments:

Post a Comment