Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bank of America Scam

This scam is tricky. It claims that a large sum of money has been deposited into my Bank of America account. The receipt is attached, and if there is any error, I should contact them. I would say there is a 99.999% chance that the attachment contains malware. Why would I think that? 
1. I do not have an account with Bank of America.
2. If I check the return address on the e-mail (which is labeled "Bank of America" the actual adress is miniaturesck34@gmail.com).

If you get an e-mail like this, don't open the attachment. call your bank (if you have a BofA account).

Scam e-mail Below:

Transaction is completed. $9142 has been successfully transferred.
If the transaction was made by mistake please contact our customer service.
Receipt on payment is attached.

*** This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply ***
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender Opens in new window
© 2013 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment